The price you pay for personal training can vary greatly; in Charlotte it’ll run anywhere from $20 to $100 an hour. Don’t be seduced by a low price, just because it’s cheap doesn’t mean it’s quality. The average price range of a good personal trainer is usually around $45-70 an hour. Of course, that wouldn’t include travel time if the trainer is coming to you.
The thing to consider is that your personal trainer isn’t just there to help you lose weight, but to make sure that you don’t get hurt in the process. That knowledge is worth the extra money. You’re investing in your health and in your future, after all.
Here is a checklist of things you should ask a potential trainer:
- What kind of experience do you have with people with my medical / lifestyle background?
- What is your educational background?
- What kind of fitness assessment do you do?
- Do you work with my health care providers?
- Is it possible to have a free training session?
Have a fit and healthy day!