26 Jan 6 Reasons Why Women Should Lift Heavy!
Lifting heavy weights is often connected with women and some men to be afraid to get big. Like I posted in my article Battle of the Bulge getting big is very difficult for women. If a woman strives to be a female bodybuilder, by natural means that is, then she needs to lift about 5-6 days a week. Even then she will still look like a woman
That does not mean that lifting heavy does not have positive effects:
- Strong Lean Muscle: Don’t underestimate the toned look you can get from lifting heavy weight. The best example are bikini competitors. They lift heavy, really heavy. 3-5 reps per set is normal. Side benefit: Even though you build lean muscle, the building stimulus is not nearly as big as with 8-12 repetitions. So, if you are satisfied with your muscle mass, then why not get incredibly strong?
- Metabolic Boost: Improving your body fat percentage, even while staying at the same weight, boosts your metabolic rate. You can eat more without gaining body fat, or you will shed some unwanted pounds of fat.
- Bone Density: Research in the past decades again and again has shown that weight training ( I am not referring to 2 lb dbs) can have a positive impact on our bone density. If you are at risk because of your family history or because of your body type then picking up some weights can help reduce your risk for osteopenia and osteoporosis.
- Being incredibly strong: Women often have the reputation of being physically weak, when that is really not true. Yes, a man of your weight and statue will probably be stronger, if he has the same training level. That does not mean that you cannot be powerful and strong yourself without looking like a guy! Take charge and feel empowered!
- Be beautiful inside out: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but someone who takes care of herself will radiate more self confidence. Physical strength and fitness can translate into you feeling more in charge in other areas of your life.
- Reduce pain: Joints that are stabilized by strong muscles work more smoothly and often cause less pain. You might even be able to eliminate pain altogether. One of my clients was told that she needed knee replacement in both knees. That was ten years ago. Guess what, she still does not have a replacement!
If you are looking to get in shape and get back on track, check out our specials: Monthly Specials Start Up Specials
Have a fantastic day,