20 Oct What You Can Prep For Lunch And How!
5 Simple recipes for lunch that can be easily changed and modified:
Prepping for lunch seems always to be such a tedious task. Well it does not have to be. It can be quick and easy. I have a busy schedule and I bring my food every day. I cook for 4-5 days a week within 1-2 hours of the weekend.
Rules for weight loss
Keep it simple: This is what you want to take in with each meal
- Have vegetables/fruit with every meal (3:1 ratio)
- Have protein dense food with every meal
- Have carbohydrate-dense foods only after workouts
How to prepare if you are really busy.
This takes some thinking. Use the crockpot, the stove and the oven. You can prepare 2-3 different meals for the whole week easily within a short period of prep time.
- Pork Tenderloin As Roast:
- Marinate or season to liking (Pepper, salt and garlic often does it, I wrap it in uncured bacon too)
- Sear it 4 min each on both sides
- Place it into preheated oven (400* F) for 30 min
- Bigger Roasts
- Same preparation but preheat oven to 420* F then once roast is inside turn down to 400* for 30 min. Turn it off and let it sit for 90 min
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Season to taste
- coat with some fat (coconut oil, lard, butter, olive oil)
- Place into oven at 400* for about 45 min or until crispy
- Flat Iron Steak, N.Y. Strip Steak (thick cut)
- Room Temperature
- Season to taste (grill seasoning, pepper, salt, garlic, etc.)
- Preheat coconut oil, lard, butter (stable fat) on high
- Sear from each side for 4-5 min
- Place in oven at 350* F for 10 min for medium-rare
- Pulled Pork in the Crockpot, prep time 5 min, cook time 8-10 hours
- Mixed Salad
- Organic Spring Mix 3-6 oz.
- 2 cut up small tomatos
- 1-4 strips of uncured bacon
- 2-4 eggs
- 0.5-1 cut up avocado
- carrots pre-shredded
- pepper & salt
- lemon or basil vinaigrette 1-2 Tbsp.
These are a couple of recipes that can be varied easily. You add your veggies (unless you are having the salad, duh) to this relatively easily by using steamfresh veggies and season them to taste. This is obviously not a complete list of foods but should give you an idea that it does not have to take forever to prepare the whole lunch for the week with little effort.
Everyone can cook!
There is no person that is completely incapable of cooking. Just simply follow a recipe and don’t do 10 things at the same time while you are cooking. You can google delicious foods at any time and get ideas. After a while you will feel comfortable enough to change the recipes and make up your own.